Easy Broccoli Cheese Soup
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli
- 4 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 2 cups shredded cheddar
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dill
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 cup hot water
- Melt butter over medium heat and cook onion in butter until soft. Stir in broccoli, add chicken broth and simmer until broccoli is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Mix in milk, dill and garlic powder and simmer for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- In a small bowl, stir flour into hot water until dissolved. Stir into soup; cook, stirring frequently, until thickened. Add cheese and stir until melted.
- Serve along side your favorite Barber Foods Stuffed Chicken Breast.