Garlic Parmesan Zucchini Casserole
Blair from TheSeasonedMom.com loves zucchini! She created this delicious side-dish casserole that goes great with any of our stuffed chicken breasts. Try it tonight!
- 4 cups grated zucchini (about 3.5 medium zucchinis)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus an additional 2 tablespoons
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a small baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place zucchini in a colander, sprinkle with salt, and allow to sit for about 10 minutes (this will help draw out some of the water from the zucchini). After 10 minutes, squeeze out moisture from the zucchini.
- In the prepared dish, combine zucchini, onion, garlic, eggs, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, and cheddar cheese until combined. Gently press the mixture evenly into the prepared dish.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, pour melted butter over breadcrumbs and 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese. Stir until completely combined.
- After 20 minutes, remove zucchini from the oven. Sprinkle buttered breadcrumbs over the zucchini and return the dish to the oven. Continue baking for about 5-10 more minutes, or until the top is golden brown and crispy.