Loaded Mashed Cauliflower Casserole
Valentina shares this chock-full-of-cheesy-goodness recipe for Loaded Mashed Cauliflower Casserole on her Blog - The Cooking Fairy. A yummy, healthier alternative to potatoes, this hearty casserole will please even picky eaters. She pairs it with Cordon Bleu, but we think itâ€™s great with any variety.
- 2 12oz bags steam in bag cauliflower
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded mild cheddar
- 5 slices bacon
- 2-3 green onions, sliced into rounds
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook bacon to desired crispiness, then drain on a paper towel and crumble into small pieces.
- Cook the steam-in-bag cauliflower a little bit longer than stated on the package to make sure it's very soft.
- Once cooked, add the cauliflower to a medium bowl and mash with a potato masher. Add in the sour cream, about 1Â½ cups of the cheese, half of the green onions, half the bacon, and the garlic powder, salt, pepper.
- Spray an 8x8 baking pan with nonstick spray, and pour in the cauliflower mixture. Top with the remaining cheese and bacon, and place in the oven for at least 15 minutes at 375 degrees, until the cheese on top is melty and bubbly.
- Remove from oven. Let the chicken rest for 2-3 minutes before cutting into it. Sprinkle the reserved green onions on top of the cauliflower casserole and serve!