Pasta with Pumpkin Sauce
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons half & half or cream
- 8 ounces pasta
- Cook pasta until al dente. Drain.
- While the water is boiling and pasta is cooking, prepare the sauce. Mince garlic and add them to a large skillet with one tablespoon of butter. Sauté until the garlic is soft and fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add pumpkin purée and chicken broth to the skillet and stir to combine, then a cayenne pepper, nutmeg and freshly cracked black pepper. Stir in the spices and let the sauce simmer over medium-low heat while the pasta cooks (about 10 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- Add the half & half or cream to the skillet and stir it into the pumpkin sauce, salt if desired. Toss in drained pasta and serve.