Roasted Butternut Squash and Forbidden Rice
- 1 cup diced butternut squash
- 1 cup black "forbidden" rice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion shallots
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Place cubed squash on a foil-lined cooking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 20 minutes, or until fork tender.
- In a medium pot bring 1 1/2 cups of water and black rice to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Toss with a fork.
- Toss squash, shallots, almonds and parsley (reserving some for garnish) into rice.
- Salt and pepper to taste, drizzle with olive oil to taste.