Zucchini Walnut Pesto Pasta
Dan from Mantitlement thinks youâ€™re entitled to a delicious meal, so heâ€™s created Zucchini Walnut Pesto Pasta to pair perfectly with your favorite Barber Foods Stuffed Chicken Breasts. A different twist on a classic dish that will please your family, too!
- 1 pound dried pasta (any variety of tube shaped pasta or even spaghetti will work)
- 2 cups dried zucchini
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, add all the ingredients except the olive oil to a food processor.
- Blend until smooth and then slowly drizzle in the oil until combined.
- Reserve a cup of the pasta water before draining and set aside.
- Drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
- Add the pesto and stir, pouring in a little pasta water at a time to thin the pesto out. You might not need it all so do this in stages.
- Add more Parmesan cheese to the top before serving if desired.