- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 envelopes (2 tablespoons) unflavored gelatin
- 8 tablespoons and 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Dust an 8- or 9-inch square pan with powdered sugar. Set aside.
- Soak gelatin in 8 tablespoons of cold water.
- In a heavy saucepan, cook and stir 1/2 cup of water and sugar until the sugar is dissolved. Add gelatin, bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and pour into a large mixing bowl. Allow mixture to partially cool.
- Add salt and vanilla extract.
- Beat with an electric mixer until whipped and double. This should take 10 â€“ 15 minutes. Pour into prepared pan to about 1/2 inch thick.
- Allow it to cool and set until it does not stick to your finger. Cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces and roll powdered sugar.