A favorite and healthy vegetable, broccoli, is combined with raisins, onions and bacon for a delicious new twist on a classic slaw. Pairs perfectly with our Asparagus & Cheese stuffed breast or any of our entrees. Easy to make ahead so your meal is ready in a snap.
- 1 head fresh broccoli,tops and stem
- 1/2 each small red onion, diced
- 1/2 c raisins
- 1/4 c crispy bacon, diced
- 2 c Miracle Whip
- 3/4 c granulated sugar
- 1/4 c apple cider vinegar
- Chop broccoli florets into bite-size pieces. Chop stems into bite-size pieces as well, using all but the bottom half of the stalk. Discard tough, woody pieces. Add the rest of the ingredients and toss to blend well. To make the dressing, simply whisk all ingredients together until well blended. Sugar should be dissolved. Note: When adding dressing to salad, the dressing will liquefy after sitting for a few minutes, so add enough dressing to lightly coat, without drenching the salad. Refrigerate after making. Tip: Substitute your favorite cole slaw dressing, if you prefer!
Yield: about 4 cups