Broccoli with Orecchiette
- 8 ounces orecchiette pasta
- 1 cup broccoli florets cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring 2 quarts of water of water to a boil. Toss in orecchiette and cook until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, microwave broccoli in a microwave-safe bowl for 2 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large serving bowl, microwave butter and cream cheese, covered, for 30 seconds. Stir and add olive oil.
- Drain pasta and toss with broccoli, spices, cream cheese, olive oil and butter in large serving bowl. Sprinkle parmesan cheese and toss thoroughly. Serve immediately.