Brussels Sprouts Gratin
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, outer leaves and stems removed, x sliced into bottom of stem
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup white cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, plus more for the dish
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Butter a 2-quart baking dish. In a large pot of salted water, cook Brussels sprouts until tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- Drain the Brussels sprouts and coarsely chop. Transfer to the prepared baking dish and toss salt and pepper to taste, then spread out evenly.
- Chop butter into small pieces.
- Pour the cream on top, sprinkle with the cheese and breadcrumbs and dot with the butter pieces.
- Bake until bubbly and golden brown, about 15 minutes.