Cranberry Stuffed Acorn Squash
- 1 medium acorn squash
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped tart apple
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Pinch of salt
- Cut squash in half and discard the seeds. Place squash, cut side down on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Fill pan with hot water until the water is to a depth of 1/2 inch. Bake at 375°F for 20 mins.
- While it is baking combine cranberries, apple, orange peel, brown sugar, walnuts and butter.
- Drain water from pan and turn squash over. Sprinkle with salt and stuff with cranberry mixture.
- Bake again for an additional 20 minutes.