Grilled Sweet Potato Fries
Nutritious and heart-healthy, sweet potatoes get a new twist with this easy-to-prepare, yet tasty side dish. Pair with Asparagus & Cheese or Broccoli & Cheese stuffed chicken breasts for something different tonight.
- 1 lb. sweet potatoes
- 1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tbsp brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne powder
- Dijon Cream
- 1 c light sour cream
- 1/3 c dijon mustard, not large grain
- 2 tbsp honey
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut lengthwise into 1/2 inch thick slices, then cut each slice lengthwise into 1/2 wide strips.
- Use a grill or stovetop grill (you can use a frying pan if you don't have either). Prepare barbecue (medium heat). Place potatoes in 13x9x2-inch baking dish. Add 1/4 cup oil, chopped fresh rosemary, brown sugar, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper to potatoes. Sprinkle potatoes with salt and pepper; toss to coat. Brush grill lightly with oil. Place potatoes on grill, spacing about 1 inch apart. Grill until potatoes are tender and slightly charred, turning occasionally, about 10 minutes total. Transfer potatoes to bowl, season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve. To make Dijon Cream, add ingredients into a separate bowl and mix well.
Yield: 2 servings