Honey-Ginger Glazed Carrots
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 pounds fresh thin carrots
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh, grated ginger (or 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Melt butter in large, shallow skillet oven over medium heat. Add carrots and toss until evenly coated, cover and cook until tender, tossing occasionally - about 12 minutes.
- Remove lid and toss with honey and ginger and stir fry until tender - about 3 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and toss. Serve immediately.
- Note: You can cook the carrots in advance, and warm them in a skillet before adding honey, ginger, salt and pepper.