Low-Fat Spanish Rice
Whip up something different tonight with a savory homemade rice side dish. This savory side dish complements many of our stuffed chicken breasts and is easy to prepare.
- vegetable cooking spray
- 1 c uncooked instant rice
- 1c chopped onion
- 2/3 c green bell pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 can (8 ounce) diced tomatoes with green chilies or jalapenos added
- 1 can (5.5 ounce) tomato juice
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add rice, onion, bell pepper and spices; sauté 5 minutes. Add remaining ingredients; simmer, uncovered for 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
Yield: 3 servings