Marinated Tomato Salad
Perfect for fresh, seasonal tomatoes, this salad combines red and yellow varieties together for a delicious taste that pairs well with our Parmesan Stuffed Chicken Breasts, Spinach Florentine Stuffed Breasts or any of our entrees.
- 2 c red cherry tomato
- 2 c yellow cherry tomato
- 1 ea cucumber
- 1/2 ea red onion (small)
- 1 clv garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
- 1/3 c fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 c white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- to taste salt and pepper
- 4 c romaine lettuce, shredded
- Cut cherry tomatoes into quarters and set aside in large bowl. Peel skin off cucumbers, slice in half the long way and remove seeds using a small spoon. Dice cucumber into similar size pieces and add in with cherry tomatoes. Dice red onion and mix in with tomatoes and cucumbers.
- In a separate bowl, combine oregano, basil, white wine vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Add to tomato mixture and toss to evenly coat. Allow to sit in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, up to 24 hours before serving.
- Arrange tomato salad on top of a bed of Romaine lettuce and serve.
Yield: 4 servings