Mushroom and Feta Orzo
This creamy pasta side is a simple alternative to risotto with all the flavor. Try with our Seasoned Stuffed Cordon Bleu or any of our stuffed chicken breasts and you may find a new favorite meal.
- 1 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 tbsp shallots
- 1 c mushrooms, white button
- 1 c mushrooms, crimini (baby portabello)
- 1 c orzo pasta, dry
- 1 c chicken broth, low-fat and low-sodium feta cheese, to taste
- Dice mushrooms and shallots. Heat 4-quart saucepan over medium heat; add olive oil. When oil is warm, add shallots and cook until tender. Add mushrooms and cook for two minutes, or until tender. Add dried orzo pasta and sauté until slightly toasted. Add chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Simmer until orzo is al dente
- Serve warm with crumbled feta on top.
Yield: 3-4 servings