Smashed Potatoes With Mushrooms and Onions
Redskin potatoes, mushrooms and onion mix to make this tasty side dish. Pair it with our Cordon Bleu or Broccoli & Cheese for a simple meal that's prepared in a snap.
- 1 1/2 pounds redskin potatoes, quartered
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/2 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cover potatoes with water in large pot. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook until potatoes are very tender, about 15 minutes; drain.
- Meanwhile, melt 2 tablespoons butter or margarine in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook mushrooms, onion and rosemary, stirring frequently, until dark golden brown, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in milk.
- Drain potatoes and return to pot. Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter or margarine; mash. Stir in mushroom mixture and season with pepper.