Katie Harding of momfavorites.com creates a classic French dish that's perfect when paired with our Cordon Bleu Stuffed Chicken Breasts. Potatoes, Swiss cheese, and bacon are baked to perfection for a side that'll have your family saying a hearty merci beaucoup!
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 ounces bacon, chopped
- ½ c white wine
- 6-7 yukon gold potatoes, chunked
- ½ c heavy cream
- 10 ounces shredded swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large heavy–bottomed pan, heat oil and add onion and bacon and sautè 10 minutes until soft.
- Add wine and cook until mostly evaporated.
- Add potato and cook until al dente.
- Add cream, stir, and remove from heat.
- Pour half of potato mixture into greased 2–quart dish and coat with half of the cheese. Repeat.
- Bake until golden and bubbling, approximately 30–45 minutes.