Zucchini Parmesan Pasta
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 3 small zucchini, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta until al dente. While it cooking, prepare zucchini.
- Fill a medium sauce pan with lightly salted water. Add zucchini and bring to a boil; boil for 10 minutes or until tender.
- In a large skillet, saute garlic in oil and hot pepper flakes. Add drained zucchini and parsley, then mix all together and simmer for 5 minutes. Toss with pasta; then add cheese and salt and pepper to taste, and serve.