Bowties with Broccoli and Lemon
- 8 oz. bowtie (farfalle)
- 1 cup broccoli, cut into bite-sized florets
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Cook farfalle in boiling salted water. During last 2 minutes of cooking, add broccoli to the boiling water. Drain, reserving 3 tablespoons of pasta water.
- While pasta is cooking, add melted butter, lemon juice and salt to medium serving bowl.
- Add drained pasta and broccoli and toss to coat. Add pasta water if it seems dry.
- Add pepper to taste.
- Garnish with lemon slices, if desired.