A delicious protein-packed powerhouse that pairs perfectly with our Asparagus & Cheese or Broccoli & Cheese stuffed chicken breasts. Easy to make and impressive to serve, it's a quick option for a tasty side.
- 4 c fresh baby spinach
- 3 ea hard-boiled eggs
- 1 ea bulb fennel, cored, thinly sliced or shaved
- 1 ea fresh avocado
- 1/2 c crispy bacon, diced
- 1/2 c bleu cheese crumbles
- 2 ea Barber Foods Asparagus & Cheese entrees
- Prepare entrees according to directions on box. While entrees are baking, split baby spinach leaves between two large bowls. Slice the hard-boiled eggs and layer down one side of bowl, on top of spinach. Dice avocado: holding whole avocado in your hand, using a paring knife, split avocado in half from top to bottom, rotating knife around the pit in the middle. Twist both halves to separate.
- Using a chef knife, and holding the half of the avocado with the pit in one hand, gently hit the knife blade into the pit and twist to remove. Or if you desire, you can scoop the pit out with a spoon. Holding one half of the avocado in the palm of your hand, use a paring knife and slice through flesh of avocado lengthwise, then across creating a criss-cross pattern, lightly following the inside of the avocado skin. Then, using a large spoon simply scoop out flesh by running spoon across inside of avocado skin. Do the same to the other half.
- Layer the diced avocado next to the sliced egg to create a second stripe of ingredient. Follow with the shaved fennel bulb for the next line. Then add the crispy diced bacon for the fourth line, and finish with the crumbled bleu cheese. When the entrees come out of the oven, allow them to rest for two minutes, cut each into thirds, careful not to burn your fingers on the hot cheese. Add entrees to top of salad, and enjoy.