Cheesy Cauliflower Casserole
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced (or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F and generously butter a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Bring water to boil in a large pot over high heat and cook cauliflower for 4-5 minutes. Drain and then place in an oiled casserole dish.
- Saute onion and garlic in butter over medium heat until onion is translucent, about 2 minutes. Add flour, whisk to combine, then whisk in milk until flour is dissolved. Stir in cheeses until melted. Turn off heat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour cheese sauce over cauliflower then bake 20-25 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.