Garlic Parsley Carrots
- 1 pound carrots
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill (1/2 teaspoon dried), or flat-leaf parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Peel the carrots and cut them lengthwise and then diagonally in 1/4-inch slices. You should have about 2 cups of carrots.
- Place the carrots in a medium saute pan with 1/4 cup water, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Cover the pan and cook over medium-low heat for 7 to 8 minutes, or until the carrots are just cooked through.
- Add the butter and garlic and saute for another minute, until the water evaporates and the carrots are coated with butter and garlic.
- Toss in dill or parsley, sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve.