Honey Bacon Brussels Sprouts
Jaime from JaimeLovesStuff.com proves that you can be tired and busy and still have time to make something spectacular. Her Honey Bacon Brussels Sprouts are surprisingly easy and should please everyone at the table.
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts (stems removed, loose leaves removed if desired, cut in half)
- 5 strips thick bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- A splash balsamic vinegar
- In a large pan, over medium heat- cook bacon until just done. Remove and set aside (keep the grease).
- Add brussels sprouts to pan. Cook for about 7 minutes (until fork tender and golden brown).
- Add bacon, honey, chili flakes, salt, pepper and balsamic vinegar to brussels sprouts. Allow to come to a boil and reduce to low and allow to simmer for another minute or two (just until reduced).