Pasta with Broccoli and Sundried Tomatoes
Pair this fresh pasta dish with our Parmesan Stuffed Chicken Breast for a simply special meal any day of the week! Enjoy!
- 8 ounces short pasta, such as Farfalle, Penne or Rotini
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sundried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon chili flakes (optional)
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Set a large pot of salted water on high heat and bring it to a boil.
- Add pasta. Cook according to package directions, adding broccoli during last 5 minutes of cooking instructions and cook until pasta is al dente.
- While pasta and broccoli are cooking slice garlic and cook it gently over low heat in a large pan with olive oil and chopped sun-dried tomatoes (plus chili flake, if desired) for one minute, stirring constantly to prevent burning. Set aside.
- Drain pasta and broccoli, reserving 1/2 cup of water from the pasta.
- Add both pasta and broccoli to the pan with sun-dried tomatoes and gently toss together with freshly grated parmesan, add 1/2 reserved pasta water to thin the sauce. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with additional parmesan cheese.