Pea and Parmesan Risotto
- 1/2 cup arborio or medium grain white rice
- 1/2 small onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup and 2 tablespoons chicken stock
- 1/2 cup frozen or fresh peas
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Fresh cracked black pepper and salt to taste
- While your Barber Foods Stuffed Chicken Breast is baking, finely chop onion and saute in olive oil in a small saucepan until translucent - about 5 minutes.
- Toss in rice and saute until coated with oil - about 2 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 minutes on low heat.
- Remove from heat. Stir in parmesan, peas, cracked pepper and salt. Cover and let rest.
- Top with additional cheese, if desired, and serve.